Saturday 1 November 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review

Hello there! :)

Todays post is going to be a review of a foundation I have been using over the last couple of weeks.
The foundation in question is one from a more 'high-end' brand which is NARS.

I was given a Space-NK gift card a while ago, and even though I had often lusted after the products they sold, I had never actually gone into the store near me.

I was in need of a new foundation as my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear Light only had a couple of uses left, and after reading so many great reviews on the NARS Sheer Glow I thought I would give this a try!
When I went into the store I asked to be colour matched, and I was matched with shade 'Mont Blanc'

The assistant applied a little to my jawline and I left the store and went about my day to see how it looked and felt on my skin before actually parting with my voucher for the foundation. I went back in later the next day to pick up a bottle.
I've now been using this foundation for a while, so I now can give it a proper review.

 photo IMG_3841copy_zpsb215a186.jpg  photo IMG_3835copy2_zps75e05243.jpg


Packaging:

The bottle is rectangle shaped glass with the NARS branding on the side. It has a screw top lid, but the bottle doesn't come with a pump.
You can buy the pump separately (£3 in Space-NK). I found this a little disappointing, but it was something that I could overlook and I have found that you just need to be careful not to pour out too much product as it's a very runny formula.

Finish: 

The foundation comes in a wide choice of colours, 20 to be exact! So finding a shade to suit my skin tone was easy. I am shade 'Light 2 - Mont Blanc' This was a perfect match for me.

This product is described as a 'Glowing, natural radiant foundation, with Sheer and buildable coverage'
For me it definitely does give a 'glow' that my regular foundation doesn't. This is one of the main reasons I bought it. My skin can look very dull in the winter months, and I felt I needed something to give it a boost.

Personally, I haven't found the foundation to be that Sheer. It's a lot lighter on the skin than I'm used to, but it's certainly buildable. When I've applied it, it really gives me a very natural but radiant look which I love. It doesn't look cakey and it's great for daytime makeup.

I apply it with one of my Real Techniques brushes, either the Stippling brush, or the Foundation brush. 

Staying Power:

This is the only downside to this foundation for me. My skin type is normal, but I do get a slightly oily t-zone half way through the day. Usually my Estee Lauder foundation and Rimmel Stay matte pressed powder work really well together and my makeup doesn't melt off during the day. Sometimes I do apply a little powder just on my t-zone in the afternoon if needed, but not often.

With the Sheer Glow touching up at lunch time was a must. I found that on my nose and chin the product wold really start to slide, and this was with me applying pressed powder to set the foundation in the mornings. 

I wouldn't wear this foundation on a night out as I can imagine it disappearing completely when in hot bars and clubs.

I think it would be more suited to somebody with dryer skin.

Overall Thoughts:

I really like this foundation for a daytime look, but for £31 I would want a foundation that wouldn't start disappearing on me after a few hours. Also the foundation doesn't contain any SPF which I found a bit disappointing.
Would I buy this again? Maybe. I loved that it made my skin look so radiant and alive. You don't need to use much product either so the 30ml bottle will last me a while.

I'll certainly finish up the bottle and see how I get on, but I have seen the NARS Sheer Matte foundation on the Space-NK website so I might ask for a sample of that next time as it could be more suited to me.

Has anyone tried the NARS Foundations? If so, what did you think?

Thanks for reading

Sal x


No comments:

Post a Comment