Monday 17 November 2014

Dove - Pure Care Dry Oil Review

Good Evening :)

Today's post is about a fairly recent addition to the Dove Haircare range. The products I'm talking about are The Dove Advanced Hair Series - Pure Care Dry Oil Shampoo, Conditioner and the Dry Oil itself.

I went to Boots a few weeks ago on the lookout for something that would caring on my bleach blonde hair during the cold weather. 
I'd been reading up on hair oils as I had never actually used any before, and I needed one that wouldn't weigh down my barnet, as although my hair looks thick - it's not, it's fine, but there's just a lot of it!

The Dove Dry Oil for all hair types had some pretty good reviews, so I thought I would give that a shot, I also picked up the matching Shampoo and Conditioner as well.

I've now been using these products for about 4 weeks and here are my thoughts.



Packaging and Price

The Shampoo and Conditioner come in 250 ml bottles with the classic Dove logo, but with white and Gold as the main colours. I'll be honest and say that I do prefer to be able to see how much product I have left in the bottles, but thats just my silly personal preference.
The Shampoo and Conditioner were £5.99 each when I bought them.

The Dry Oil comes in a 100ml glass bottle with a pump that you need to twist to open. This bottle makes the product look more expensive than it actually was. The bottle cost me £9.99

Products and Use

The Dry Oil range is described as a 'Luxurious range of products created to nourish flat and dull hair. With unique dry oil technology, the lightweight, rich formula is deeply absorbed for sublimely soft hair'

My hair often needs a moisture boost, but gets very weighed down if I use heavy duty products, so I was quite hopeful that this wouldn't happen with this range. 

The 3 products all have the same scent. The Macadamia Oil gives them a sweet, luxurious smell, but not an overpowering one.

I used the Shampoo and Conditioner and then I quickly towel dried my hair, brushed it, and then used 3 pumps of the Dry Oil and ran it through the mid-ends of my hair.
My hair currently sits just below my shoulders, so anyone with longer hair may want to use an extra pump of product.

When I blow dried my hair I immediately noticed how soft it felt. It felt so silky I couldnt stop touching it! I usually get a lot of flyways, and by using the Dry Oil range I noticed that these had been dramatically reduced and my hair looked much smoother and shinier than usual.

However, I did feel that my hair looked a little flat at the roots, my fringe felt quite weighed down and I found it difficult to get it to sit right that day.

I usually wash my hair every other day, it doesn't get very greasy, only a little bit at the roots. The next day after using this range my hair looked very flat and a bit more greasy than usual. Using a bit of dry shampoo sorted it out though.

Overall Thoughts

I really like this range, but I think the Shampoo and Conditioner are a bit heavy going for my hair, which is a shame. I also found that after a few uses the Shampoo didn't seem to be cleaning my hair as well as others that I have, so I haven't been using the Shampoo and Conditioner on every wash. I'll finish up the bottles, but probably won't re-purchase.

The Dry Oil however is the product I have loved! I use it nearly every wash and my hair feels so soft and smooth and looks in better condition.
It was definitely worth the money. In my photo I'd used this product for about 4 weeks, so that's probably about 20 uses, and there's so much left! This I will definitely re-purchase when it eventually runs out!

I would recommend the Dry Oil for someone who has dyed or slightly damaged hair, but that is also quite fine. It doesn't weigh it down at all, and people have complimented me on how shiny my hair looks when I've used it.

You can buy this range in most Boots, Superdrug and larger Supermarkets. There are often offers on too. I got these on a 3 for 2 deal that Boots had on at the time.

I have seen the Dove Oxygen and Moisture range, so I'm quite tempted to give that a try next time. Has anyone used these? If so, what did you think?

Thanks for reading :)

Sal x






No comments:

Post a Comment