Monday 10 November 2014

Winter Wardrobe Haul

Good Afternoon! :)

Last week I went on a shopping trip for some new items for my Winter wardrobe. I was badly in need of a couple more warm jumpers, a smart coat and a scarf.

I managed to pick up everything I needed (and more) so I thought I would show you what I bought.

River Island Camel Oversized Coat - £80, New Look Reversible Tartan Scarf - £14.99

I went into town originally to buy the Blue coat featured in my wishlist post. However, when I tried it on in store I wasn't so keen. I also realised that a Blue coat wouldn't go with everything, so going for a more neutral colour might be a better choice.

I saw this coat in River Island and loved it! I wasn't sure too if it swamped me as it's an oversized coat and I'm quite petite but I've had lots of compliments on it so far!

The scarf from New Look really goes with the coat. I love that it's reversible. I didn't realise how big the scarf was until I got home - it's HUGE, but I know that once it gets really cold outside I'll be very grateful for it.


 photo IMG_3931_zpsf6f70b59.jpg
River Island Collar Bib - £15
 photo IMG_3940_zps0dd2d7a6.jpg
River Island Navy Blue Large Satchel - £30
 photo IMG_3927_zps72c3f3d3.jpg
H&M L.O.G.G Jumper - £24.99
 photo IMG_3930_zps5f56bb77.jpg
H&M Black Jumper - £12.99

I don't shop in River Island that much, but I bought quite a lot from there this time! The Navy satchel bag looks really smart with the coat, is very roomy and feels really good quality.

The Embellished Collar Bib is something I've been wanting for a while. I love wearing jumpers with a collar, and having this means I don't have to squeeze an actual blouse underneath - I find that can sometimes get uncomfortable. I love the jewelled collar on this one as it can turn a plain outfit into something a little more special.

The Burgundy jumper from H&M is from their L.O.G.G range (Label Of Graded Goods) I've bought a few items now with this label and even though they are a little more expensive than the regular clothes in store, they are a lot better quality. There's a big H&M where I live, and there is a whole section for this label. If you have a larger store near you, I really recommend checking out the L.O.G.G section.

The Black jumper is from the usual range in H&M. It's slightly cropped and loose fit so would look great with some high waisted trousers/jeans.





The last items I picked up were some tights in Primark. The 40 denier ones I've been wearing to work just aren't cutting it now it's getting chilly. The Super Cosy ones are a Winter must have and are only £3.50 a pair!

I'm pretty pleased with my purchases, they are all quite versatile so I can mix and match my outfits. I still need to pick up a hat and gloves and I'll be all set for the cold!

What are your Winter Wardrobe essentials?

Thanks for reading :)

Sal x



No comments:

Post a Comment