Sunday 26 October 2014

Five Favourites - October

Hello There :)

This little post is something I shall be putting up each month. It's 5 things that I have been loving throughout the last 4 weeks or so. They won't necessarily be beauty or fashion items - I will be doing a separate 'beauty favourites' post I think, but this is more about different bits and bobs I have enjoyed recently.

So here we go…

No.1- Book - Into The Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes





I finished this book last week and I was so disappointed when I got to the last page! It is one of the best books I have read!
It's truly captivating and is one of those novels that you cannot put down. I don't want to give too much away but 'Into the Darkest Corner' is a psychological thriller which is set in the eyes of Cathy.

It's a dual narrative story which alternates each chapter between Cathy in the past - very confident and outgoing and meeting a new boyfriend - to the present day Cathy, who is the very opposite. She is now living alone, plagued by OCD and panic attacks and living a life of fear.
As you read more into the book you understand what has happened to Cathy to make her this way. There are loads of twists and turns and I think the style of flicking between past and present really works.
I'm now on the hunt for another book to keep me as hooked as this! Any recommendations? Please let me know!


No. 2 - Song - Rather Be - Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne)


I know this song has been out for a while now, but I have been playing it so much recently!

I have it on a playlist I made, and this one gets put on repeat a bit too much! I just think its a really upbeat track and very catchy.
I also have noticed that it's the music for a Marks and Spensers advert at the moment. So I'm hearing it twice as much now!

You can listen to the song and watch the video on Youtube

No. 3 - Piece of Jewellery - Mouse Ring



 photo IMG_3757copy_zpsc90cd18f.jpg  photo IMG_3758copy_zps58fa2238.jpg  photo IMG_3763copy_zpsdb2b26f3.jpg
I found this cute little Gold Mouse ring when I was browsing on Etsy and I fell in love!
It's so sweet, and was pretty cheap at only £5.74. The shipping was less than £3 too!

The seller I bought it from has lots of other rings to choose from and I was going to buy the (also very cute) Bunny ring until I saw the Mouse.

The ring really good quality, I think it's made from brass, and you can adjust the size which is handy (pun intended) as my hands are pretty small. I've been wearing it most days since it arrived.

You can view and purchase the Mouse ring here :)


No. 4 - TV Series - Game Of Thrones

I know I am SO late on the bandwagon with this one, but I have just finished Season 1. It did take me a few episodes to get into it, but by Episode 5 I was hooked.
If you haven't watched any of it yet I would really recommend it. I am not usually into medieval type series, but this is a good'n

I'm planning on spending my Sunday evening starting Season 2 with a yummy Hot Chocolate :)

No.5 - Autumn Nails



I've been looking for some new Autumnal shades to paint my nails, as looking through my nail polish collection I only seem to have summery pastels or festive glittery shades.

So one lunchtime I popped down to the Superdrug near to my work and went straight to the Barry M stand for a nose at what new colours they had.
I wasn't disappointed. I just picked up one colour which was the 'Barry M Gelly Nail Paint' in 'Chilli' which is a Red colour but with sightly Brown undertones.
I thought this was a perfect Autumnal Red, rather than I bright Christmassy Red that I have in my collection already.
I'm going to pick up the shade 'Mustard' this week, which unsurprisingly is a mustard colour, but from pictures I've seen looks very flattering, and would look great when wearing Grey or Navy Blue.

There is a couple of gorgeous Essie shades that I have my eye on at the moment too!

Thanks for reading :)

Sal x

No comments:

Post a Comment